In the snow-dusted street outside St Christopher's Church, hundreds joined a special Sunday Mass for the victims of the fire that tore through Le Constellation bar on New Year's Eve.
Many hugged each other, crying quietly, as they remembered the dozens killed and those still in hospital with severe burns, fighting for their lives.
During the service, several in the crowd fainted and fell to the ground, overcome.
Police say more than 20 of the dead have now been identified, although not named publicly. Their bodies are being returned to their families, some of whom had been holding on to the hope their children might yet be found - injured, but alive.
They're now receiving the worst possible news.
Ever since the fire, Laetitia Brodard had been posting pictures of her teenage son Arthur online and appealing for help to find him. On Sunday, she was at the memorial service, being comforted by friends.
He died that first day, Laetitia confirmed to me.
In an emotional statement on Facebook, she said that Arthur had gone to party in paradise.
The victims' bodies were so badly burned by the fire they are difficult to identify. Even some of those injured and in hospitals haven't been named yet - they remain unconscious and unrecognizable.
The local fire commander - who considered leaving his job after what he experienced here - told us he and his colleagues were now a giant family.
Investigators are examining whether safety standards were met and if overcrowding played a role as they assess footage from inside the bar showing the moments leading up to the fire.
This tragedy has left the community in mourning as they grapple with immense loss and seek answers in its aftermath.





















